About TumkurBook online bus tickets to Tumkur By SRS Travels and Logistics Private Limited.
SRS Travels and Logistics Private Limited takes you to the Tumkur district is an administrative district in the state of Karnataka in India. The district headquarters are located at Tumkur. The district occupies an area of 10,598 km² and had a population of 2,584,711, of which 19.62% were urban as of 2001. It is a one and a half hour drive from Bangalore, the capital of Karnataka.
It consists chiefly of elevated land intersected by river valleys. A range of hills rising to nearly 4,000 feet (1,200 m) crosses it from north to south, forming the watershed between the systems of the Krishna and the Kaveri. The principal streams are the Jayamangala and the Shimsha. The mineral wealth of Tumkur is considerable; iron is obtained in large quantities from the hillsides; and excellent building-stone is quarried. The slopes of the Devarayanadurga hills are clothed with forests, in which large game abounds, including tigers, leopards, bears and wild hog. The annual rainfall averages 39 inches.
Tumkur is the headquarters of the district of the same name. It is located to the North West of Bangalore at a distance of 70Km.City is in close proximity to Bangalore and has a decadal growth of about 40% over the last few decades. This is a city surrounded by mountains and hills ,pleasant place for learning , Siddhaganga Mutt is one of the god send to poor and Orphan children for getting educated , is gate way for Karnataka ,more than 15 Districts should pass through Tumkur to reach Capital city Bangalore , this city is also famous for good tourist palces like Kaidala Temple ,Devarayana Durga, Namada Chilume, Shiva Gange, Goravanahalli MahaLakshmi Temple etc.
Tourist Attractions in Tumkur
Make your Tour to Tumkur a memorable experience by visiting these famous tourist places in Tumkur.
* Yediyur Home of the prominent Veerashaiva Saint - Totada Shivalinga, this place is renowned for the Sadhalingeshwara Temple.
* Pavagada Fort Built in 1405 AD by a Vijayanagar chieftain, this Hill Fort was the scene of fierce battle between the British and Tipu Sultan.
* Madhugiri Known for its pomegranates, this developing town is home to one of the finest Hill Forts built by the Vijayanagar Kings. Jain Basadis and other temples adorn the place.
* Marconahalli Here is a reservoir built across Shimsha River, where you can avail of boating facilities.
* Sinhadham This Lion Safari Park is situated on Shimoga-Sagar Road.
Places around Tumkur
Explore the land of Tumkur, visiting the places around it, while on a Tour to Tumkur –
* Devarayanadurga This small beautiful place of pilgrimage set amidst dense forest is a hill-station situated 16 km away. You can witness Sri Yoganarasimhaswamy and Bhoga Narasimhaswamy temples, as also the Namada chilume and Adi Sankara temples here.
* Goravanahalli Lakshmi Temple Located 90 km from Tumkur, this majestic temple is one of the famous ones in Karnataka.
SRS Travels and Logistics Private Limited takes you to the Tumkur and makes the journey comfortable.
About BijapurBook online bus tickets to Bijapur By SRS Travels and Logistics Private Limited
Bijapur is a district in the state of Karnataka in southern India. The city of Bijapur is the headquarters of the district, and is located 530 km northwest of Bangalore. Bijapur is well known for the great monuments of historical importance built during the Adil Shahi dynasty.
Bijapur is rich in historical attractions and make jouney to Bijapur by SRS Travels and Logistics Private Limited and have look such as.
1) Gol Gumbaz This is the most famous monument in Bijapur. It is the tomb of Mohammed Adil Shah (ruled 1627-1657). It is the second largest dome ever built, next in size only to St Peter's Basilica in Rome. A particular attraction in this monument is the central chamber, where every sound is echoed seven times. Another attraction at the Gol Gumbaz is the Whispering Gallery, where even minute sounds can be heard clearly 37 metres away. Gol Gumbaz complex includes a mosque, a Naqqar Khana (a hall for the trumpeters) (now it is used as museum) and the ruins of guest houses.
2) Ibrahim Rauza This is the tomb of Ibrahim Adil Shah II (ruled 1580-1627), the fifth king of the dynasty and, like the Mughal emperor Akbar, known for religious tolerance. Built on a single rock bed, it is noted for the symmetry of its features. It is said that the design for the Ibrahim Rauza served as an inspiration for that of the famous Taj Mahal(Bijapur).
The Quran, written in gold at Jumma Masjid
3) Jumma Masjid in Bijapur Built by Ali Adil Shah I (1558–80) is one of largest Mosque in the region. It has a large hall, elegant arches, and an excellent dome with thirty-three smaller domes surrounding it. It has an exquisite copy of the Quran, written in gold. Elaborate entrance gate was built by Emperor Aurangzeb.
The Gun Malik-E-Maidan, which means the master of the war front
4) Malik-e-Maidan in Bijapur (The Monarch of the Plains) the largest medieval cannon in the world. Being 4 m long, 1,5 m in diameter and weighing 55 tons, this gun was brought back from Ahmadnagar in the 17th century as a trophy of war by 400 oxen, 10 elephants and tens of men. It was placed on the Sherza Burj (Lion Gate) on a platform especially built for it. The cannon's nozzle is fashioned into the shape of a lion's head. It is said that after igniting the cannon, the gunner would remain underwater in a tank of water on the platform to avoid the deafening explosion. The cannon remains cool even in strong sunlight and if tapped, tinkles like a bell. In 1854 the cannon was auctioned for Rs. 150 but the sale was cancelled in the end.
5)Uppali Buruj in Bijapur Built around 1584 by Hyder Khan, is an 80 ft (25 m) high tower standing to the north of Dakhani Idgah in Bijapur. This is a spherical structure with stone steps winding round the outside. Top of the tower offers a commanding view of the city. This is also known as "Hyder Burj", "Upli Burj". On top of Upli Burj there are two guns of huge size. The parafeet this tower which was used for monitoring purposes has been fenced now. One needs to climb the circular stairs to reach the top. However except for this tower there is very little evidence of the citadel wall in this area due to rampant construction.
6) Chand Bawdiin Bijapur , Ali Adil Shah (1558–1580) built this tank near eastern boundary of Bijapur. When there was large influx of people into Bijapur after the fall of the Vijayanagar empire, and new settlements came up within the walled city raising the need for better infrastructure and providing water supply. This has a storage capacity of 20 million litres. Later it became a model for many other tanks constructed in the city. A grandeur complex came up around it, which was mainly used to house the maintenance staff though members of the royal family occasionally used it for recreation. He named this after his wife "Chand Bibi".
7) Asar Mahal in Bijapur , The Asar Mahal was built by Mohammed Adil Shah in about 1646, which was used to serve as a Hall of Justice. The building was also used to house the blessed relic - the holy hairs from the Prophet's beard. The rooms on the upper storey are decorated with frescoes and the front is graced with a square tank. Here women are not allowed inside. Every year there is urs (festival) held at this place. In front of the hall, one can see three tanks the bigger tank, which is at the centre is about 15 feet deep however the other two are comparatively smaller in size as well as depth. Behind Asar Mahal one can still see the remain of the citadel. Just a kilometer away behind Asar Mahal, one can still find the old mosque which is on top of the citadel wall. There is a big entrance with arc below this mosque. Many stones have inscriptions. The site is under maintenance of Archeological Survey of India.
8) Gagan Mahal in Bijapur, which means Sky Palace, is built with a 21- meter façade and four wooden massive pillars, has a majestic central arch. Sikandar Adil Shah, in silver chains, surrendered to Aurangzeb in 1681 here.
9) Barakaman (Ali Roza-II) in Bijapur. A mausoleum of Ali Roza built in 1672. It was previously named as Ali Roza, but Shah Nawab Khan changed its name to Bara Kaman as this was the 12th monument during his reign. It has now seven arches and the tomb containing the graves of Ali, his queens and eleven other ladies possibly belonging to the Zenana of the queens.
Among the other historical attractions at Bijapur, some notable ones are the Anand Mahal, Jod Gumbaz, Sat Manzil, and Jal Manzil.
Thus you can visit these places by visiting Bijapur through SRS Travels and Logistics Private Limited which makes the journey more comfortable.